Thursday 25 February 2016

Birthday Beauty Treats - What I got for my 21st



I was lucky enough to get some very exciting things for my birthday, some that were gifted to me from others and some that were gifted from the person that loves me the most.. MYSELF. Y'know, the whole 'To me, From me' thang. I got a couple of other things too but I thought that I would limit this to a 'beauty' related post. I shouldn't need to remind you of the fact that I do not do these posts to brag, I do them because they're interesting to me and to others too- yet here I am.. reminding you.. 

Without further ado, here are my favourite birthday bits;





 TARTE - TARTELETTE - AMAZONIAN CLAY MATTE PALETTE

Oh myyy goddddd- that was my reaction when I saw this palette in person for the first time. I swear, I have never had an eye shadow palette that's so 'me' before this. Whenever I get eye shadow palettes, I find myself using the matte shades rather than the metallic or shimmery ones. I just think that they're more wearable and the only time that I feel I can really get away with anything fancier on the lids is when I'm going out clubbing. 

To have a palette that's solely matte is just a dream to me, but then even the shades are amazing too!? You have a range of very pale shades, right through to the darkest black. I would describe the tones of these eye shadows as warm which I tend to prefer anyway and the purple colours in this palette are just to DIE for. They are so rich and yet subtle enough to work. Words can't describe how in love I am with this palette. Thank you mumma, you wonderful woman!




 HUGO BOSS - MA VIE EAU DE PARFUM

So I bought this for my mum last year for mothers day, but then had to force myself to give it to her and not myself because I loved it that much. I decided that I needed this perfume myself and so I hopped onto the Boots website one day and the gift set (which included 50ml perfume, body lotion and shower gel) was in the sale for £40 down from £60!! The 50ml bottle on it's own is sold at just under £50 so I thought it would be pretty silly to say no..

So this gift set is sat in my basket for a couple of days while I decided whether or not it's okay to buy myself a birthday present a month before it's my birthday and as I refresh the basket one day.. My basket reads 'TOTAL: £30' I think it must have been a glitch, as the website still said £40 so with that, I didn't hesitate- I filled in my card details and it was mine. 

For me, the bottle says a lot to me and this bottle says, Sleek, subtle, feminine, classy and expensive AF. Let's face it, who doesn't want to be any of those things? This fragrance is of the floral variety and contains notes of Rose bud, Cedar-wood and Cactus Blossom.





 DIXI - OCEAN CHILD RING

I've been following Shop Dixi on Instagram for a while now and have been lusting after their jewellery ever since. I've never been able to justify the price as it is a little costly for me but I thought when's a better time to treat yourself to the things you wouldn't otherwise? Oh yes, my 21st birthday. This ring was from the Harvest Moon collection and I just really love anything that's to do with the ocean and the beach.





TOM FORD - LIP COLOUR MATTE - 09 FIRST TIME

I have wanted a Tom Ford lipstick for years- genuinely, but the price is so ridiculous that I could never spend that amount on a lipstick without a justifiable occasion or reason. Again, you only turn 21 once right!? So I went for it.. I really wanted a deep purple but I thought, if I'm going to spend that amount on a lipstick then it should be a colour that I'm actually going to get wear out of! This is a really nice coral-toned dusty pink which I think is wonderful for people with pale skin like myself.





GERARD COSMETICS - LIPSTICK - UNDERGROUND

My house-mates all surprised me on my birthday with this Lipstick which was a huge surprise to me because I'd spoken about wanted this lipstick for ages but had completely forgotten about it for a while. I was so happy because I don't think I would have got this lipstick on my own accord- just because I didn't know if I could trust the brand and if the lipstick was good quality. BUT, it is now my favourite lipstick. I wore it yesterday and it is one of the easiest lipsticks to put on and the colour is so soft that I didn't have to worry too much about edges being neat and all that jazz - LOVE IT.




 MAC - LIP PENCIL - WHIRL

This lip pencil was a bit of an impulse buy to be quite honest. I had my Tom Ford lipstick saved in my House Of Fraser basket and I needed another £12 to qualify for free delivery so there I was like 'Oh, well I guess I'll just have to buy something else then.. Oh would you look at that.. MAC Lip Pencils are around that price..' You can guess the rest. I've heard a lot about this shade so I just went for it. I have to say, after testing it on my hand- I don't know if i'm going to like it.. but we shall see.



 NARS - SHEER GLOW FOUNDATION - SIBERIA

Yet ANOTHER beauty product that I have been craving since the reviews racked sky-high but didn't want to risk paying the equally sky-high price and then being disappointed. I don't want to talk too much about this product because I'm thinking of featuring it in another post later on.



MAC - BLOT POWDER / PRESSED - LIGHT

I was previously using Rimmel's 'Stay Matte' pressed powder in 'Peach Glow' but it was definitely too heavy and too dark for my skin so I really wanted to invest in a powder that was light and good for oily skin- and here is just that! Again, I'm not going to talk about this one too much as this will also be featured in a future post.


Thanks for reading guys! I hope you enjoyed this post (and the much better photo quality)

Until next time,

Jade x










No comments:

Post a Comment